The New Jersey Bankers Leadership Academy provides many opportunities for bankers to learn the necessary skills for moving their institutions into the future and ultimately support advocating for the banking industry. Our programs are designed to help cultivate and advance the careers of these individuals and help them achieve their personal goals for success. It’s a win-win-win situation for all; the bankers, the institution and the industry!
Success Through Effective Management (STEM)
This program is designed for Assistant Branch Managers, Branch Managers, and Department Managers
This three-day program will focus on the following:
- Session 1: Management Fundamentals (April 20, 2017)
- Session 2: Coaching for Success (May 25, 2017)
- Session 3: Planning & Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations (June 22, 2017)
The STEM Curriculum:
- Session 1: Management Fundamentals
- Characteristics and behaviors of effective managers
- Understanding and Maximizing Your Management Style via DISC Assessment
- Motivating a Multi-Generational Staff
- Understanding and Managing Change
- Promoting Teamwork
- Session 2: Coaching for Success
- Identifying Coaching Opportunities
- Using Effective Feedback to Address Performance Problems
- Creating Meaningful Individual Coaching Plans
- Conducting effective coaching sessions
- Dealing with Challenging Employee Situations
- Session 3: Planning & Conducting Effective Performance Evaluations
- Understand the Components of Performance Management and the Manager’s Role in the Process
- Learn to Prepare an Effective, Factual, and Legal Performance Evaluation Form
- Know how to set Achievable Performance Expectations and Fairly Evaluate Employees
- Gain knowledge of the most effective means to Conduct a Performance Evaluation Discussion
- Understand the importance of Effective Communication in Discussing Performance with Employees on an On-going basis
**Certificate to be awarded upon completion of all three sessions.
The STEM Program can be customized specifically for your organization and delivered at your location.
Contact us to get more information about our in-house training options.
Designed by: In Partnership with: